Welcome to Tifton Woman’s Center a UOG Practice
Our professional staff includes 3 physicians, 4 nurse practitioners, and 1 physician assistant. All of our physicians have completed specialized training in managing the health needs of women and are practicing their specialty together as a group to give you the best possible medical care in South Georgia.
We are dedicated to serving all women: Our goal is to provide you with the latest in obstetric and gynecological care that is sensitive to your unique needs. We strive to educate you about your individual health care needs, and encourage you to actively participate in your health care management. We have advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of women’s health issues.
We provide services for healthy women, such as Pap smears, breast examinations, and routine wellness labs. We place special emphasis on preventive medicine and the early detection of health problems.
We provide services for women with gynecological problems such as abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroids, pelvic pain, endometriosis, urinary incontinence, and prolapse. We also provide extensive perimenopausal and menopausal evaluation and therapies. For our GYN patients we perform ultrasounds to determine the cause of heavy bleeding, pain, or fibroids and discuss the results the same day as your visit.
For our OB patients we provide comprehensive prenatal care throughout the entire pregnancy. We offer routine blood testing and a variety of ultrasounds for confirmation of pregnancy, screening for chromosomal abnormalities, anatomy scan, and fetal well-being. We even offer 4D ultrasounds for patients that would like to see what the baby looks like at 28-31 weeks.
We offer a variety of in-office procedures such:
- Colposcopy- A minor procedure performed in the office which looks more closely at the cervix with a microscope and sometimes includes a cervical biopsy and/or an endocervical curettage
- LEEP- Procedure removes a piece of the outer portion of the cervix to eradicate the disease.
- Essure- Is a Permanent Birth Control procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier against pregnancy.
- Nexplanon -Is a etonogestrel-releasing (progestin only) subdermal implant that is placed under the skin of the upper, inner arm to prevent pregnancy for as long as desired up to 3 years.
- IUD Insertion- The Mirena intrauterine device (IUD) is small, plastic device that is inserted and left inside the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
- Endometrial Biopsy- Is a way for your doctor to take a small sample of the lining of the uterus (endometrium). The sample is looked at under a microscope for abnormal cells.
- Endometrial Ablation- is a minimally invasive, safe, in-office procedure that destroys the lining of the uterus. This is used to treat heavy menstrual cycles .
- Hysterscopy- A procedure for your doctor to look at the lining of your uterus.
- Urodynamic Testing-Performed to aid in diagnosis of bladder control problems and is recommended prior to any surgery involving the bladder, urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse.
Our doctors are board certified gynecologic surgeons who can perform the following surgical procedures: